The competition in today’s market place is fierce, but one thing companies can do to separate themselves from the pack is to offer their customers unmatched service. In a sea of companies all vying for the same customers, your company must be on their A-game when it comes to keeping its customers happy. There are many things that can help you make sure that your customers keep coming back to you and we want to share our top ten customer service strategies and solutions so that you can make your company stand out from your competition.
1) Never underestimate the value of recognizing your customers with a customer appreciation gift or party. Inviting your customers to your office for a customer day event can solidify relationships that have already been forged, while showing new prospects how much you value your existing customers and making them feel welcome. Make sure you have great party favors so you can give each customer a take-home gift. Chocolate pops or even a chocolate bar with a custom made label with your corporate logo make memorable favors!
2) Congratulating your customers by sending a personalized congratulations gift, like a box of homemade chocolates after a big project can show how much you appreciate their business, while recognizing their accomplishments.
3) Anniversary gifts for customers who have been with you for a year or more are a nice way of showing that you remember when they became your customer. They may not always remember, but when you do it means you are paying attention and after all, that’s what customer service is all about!
4) Provide loyal customer reward programs for those repeat customers that continue to provide you with business. You can reward them for multiple purchases or for referrals, or both! You don’t have to be a huge company to offer rewards for client loyalty – give them a nice box of chocolates or hand-dipped strawberries when they reach a milestone. This will surely keep you customers engaged and coming back for more.
5) Saying I’m sorry is never easy and for companies, it’s even harder because you work so hard to make sure everything goes perfect for your customers. But sometimes things can happen that are unplanned and there’s no better way to say I’m sorry than by delivering a beautiful gift of chocolate. While it may not make up for the mistake that was made, it shows that you are recognizing the inconvenience to your customer and want to move in a positive direction going forward.
6) Holiday greetings are an obvious time for sending good cheer to your customers, but it’s difficult to know what their corporate gift-giving policies are. Many companies have strict gift-giving guides with regard to dollar amounts of gifts given. So, with that in mind you can provide a wonderful gift of chocolate and candy that will not exceed corporate limits. In addition, candy gifts can be sent to an entire office or an individual, which makes giving gifts to your customers easy, especially when there is more than one person you wish to give a gift.
7) When you want to give your client a gift for whatever reason, a local business can offer easy solutions and do the work for you. Most times, all they need is a budget and a list of customers you are giving the gift to. Your gift giving solution can help make suggestions on picking out the appropriate type of gift for each customer. Chocolate is universal and comes in so many varieties that you never have to worry about sending the wrong thing!
8) Consider personalized options so that your corporate branding can be a part of the gift and your customer is reminded of who you are and what you do for them. Custom chocolate molds with your logo can get the message out during trade shows or events and custom labels or tags can be printed with your contact information. Customizing the gift and providing a personal note to your client makes the gift more effective and helps to solidify your corporate brand.
9) Know the facts about your customers. Keep a log on each customer and record things like birthdays, anniversaries, birth-announcements and promotions. Be sure to use those occasions as reasons to recognize your customer with a gift. Sending a basket of chocolate during a milestone in your customer’s life is a thoughtful, personal way of saying “you are more than just a customer to me”.
10) Be cautious of the value of the gift you are giving. As mentioned earlier giving gifts to customers, particularly in a corporate environment can give pause to supervisors or higher-ups. Never give gifts during a bidding process and always pay attention to timing and pricing. Sometimes a gift with a smaller dollar amount, but an abundance of thought is more meaningful than one that is sent to impress.
When it comes to the price of customer service every company must determine the best way to show their customers appreciation at every opportunity they can. An investment in corporate gifts, at the appropriate times, can make all the difference in retaining good customers. Suzi’s Sweet Shoppe not only provides corporate gift services, but also customizes gifts and becomes a partner in your corporate branding. Contact us today to find out how we can help you attain a higher level of customer service with our marketing programs.